Saturday 16 December

Minutes – Management Committee 28 July 2010


Present


• Bob Ayer – Chairman
• Gary Butler – Treasurer
• Hilary Ayer
• Amanda Greenlee


Apologies


• Terena Plowright – Vice Chairman
• Nick Keith – Public Relations Officer
• Tracy Chandler
• Gareth Gammon
• Tony Struthers.


Not Present


• Vincent Edberg (Town Character)


Minutes from last meeting 20 January 2010


• The minutes were accepted


Treasurer’s Report


• The Treasurer’s report for the period from 1 August 2009 to 31 July 2010 was received.
• The closing bank balance was £3,715.97
• Project Groups are reminded that the Treasurer and the Management Committee need to be made aware of any future intentions to spend.
• Legal contracts need to be signed by the Treasurer and another member of the Management Committee.
• The VAT rate will increase to 20% from 1 Jan 2011
• It was agreed that the cheque signatories would become Gary Butler, Bob Ayer and Amanda Greenlee.


Group Updates


Town Character


Changes to the TDS resulting from the public consultation were agreed at the Community Forum 6 July. Navigate Design will do the published version and there will be a short print run. It is hoped that the published version will be available to be shown at the August Festivities. The Chairman was asked to ascertain the costs of this work. It is not known to date if there is any intended expenditure with regard to the August Festivities.


Adaptation


A Conference The Community Adaption Toolkit was held at the Queen Elizabeth ll Conference Centre London on Tuesday 20th July 2010.
“The Greening Campaign ‘The Community Adaptation Toolkit’ responds to the recent government document ‘Climate change: taking action – delivering the Low Carbon Transition Plan and preparing for a changing climate’ (31st March 2010)
The Toolkit supports councils to meet targets on Adaptation and allows the developed Greening Campaign community groups to risk assess their own communities in light of a different climate.
The conference brings ‘policy’ and ‘practice’ together in one room and the toolkit links ‘communities’, ‘expertise’ and ‘business’ together to develop realistic action.”


BAP


Tracy prepared a progress report which was tabled. The BAP Group have held several meetings and it has agreed to brand itself as ‘Petersfield Nature’.
It is intended to hold a survey of town residents not least to share information and to generate interest in the project. A small display is currently in the foyer of the library with copies of the survey/questionnaire. There are plans to have a stand at Rams Walk and to make the questionnaire available at various local schools.


Water Meadows


Amanda explained the current situation regarding negotiations with Tesco who have provided Greening Petersfield with Heads of Terms in order to assist with funding. CC John West has agreed to allocate £1,000 of his HCC fund to Greening Petersfield to be split equally between the Energy project and the Water Meadows project. Possible working relationships were discussed at length. Bob and Hilary agreed to discuss other opportunities for a Community Garden with PTC and EHDC respectively.


Hidden Britain


The Hidden Britain Group’s projects are either complete or due to complete very shortly. Complete: P2M Branding; Tourist Leaflets; Map Boards. Due to complete: Map Pads (ready for print); Visit Petersfield website (in its final stages of development, Bob has a site content maintenance capability).


Discontinued Groups


Retail & Business


Gareth has informed that he has decided to leave P2M due to work commitments. It was agreed that Gareth’s contribution to P2M has been of great value and his offer to maintain an interest in P2M is much appreciated.


Employment & Training for Young People


Discontinued.


Local Transport


Discontinued. (See item below)


Natural Environment and Local Products


Discontinued.


Premises Licence – Annual Fee


• The Annual Fee for P2M’s Premises Licence has been paid. Philip Haines has intimated that Petersfield Events could include this cost as part of the operational costs of future events. This possibility is much appreciated because this annual fee is not sustainable in the longer term. Bob to discuss this further with Philip.


Transport and Public Realm Group


• Graham Steaggles has offered to form a ‘Transport and Public Realm’ Project Group. It was agreed that any such group be project based. The Chairman agreed to ask Graham to provide a project brief for consideration by the Management Committee.


AOB


• None


Date of next meeting


• Tuesday 19 October at 1830.