Minutes of the Management Committee
20 January 2010 at Town Council Chamber 6:30pm
Bob Ayer, Hilary Ayer, Vincent Edberg, Paul Molloy, Terena Plowright, Tony Shaw, Tony Struthers, Linda Munday (EHDC),
Tracy Chandler, John Charnock-Wilson, Jamie Cummins.
Gary Butler, Julie Butler, Gareth Gammon.
Neil Hitch, Nick Keith, Clive Shore, Amanda Greenlee, Debbie Vodden (EHDC).
Minutes from the last meeting 4 November 2009
The minutes were accepted.
At 3 January P2M funds are as follows:
• Current bank balance £3,850
• Outstanding expense claim to pay £50
• Funds required as identified in P2M meeting (by Vincent) £2,350
• Balance left £1,450
From previous year's ongoing expenditure
• Jan Website hosting £100
• July Premises Licence £70
• Sept Website Domain £65
• Oct Auditor £25
• Total Annual commitments £260
• This assumes no expenses for committee members.
With no additional funds coming in there would currently be 4 years of annual cost coverage.
• Hidden Britain (Bob Ayer)
- EHDC has approved £11,000 from LABGI funding which together with the Collabor8 £7,000 means that we can proceed.
James Turner requests an early meeting, as there is plenty of detail to be started before we can commit the money.
He has provided an updated Project Delivery Plan, a Timesheet Proforma and Budgets for 2009/10, 2010/11.
• Town Character (Vincent Edberg)
- The final launch event will be held on 13 February at St Peters Hall (0930 – 1400?). Room hire £32. The 6-weeks public consultation will be administered by EHDC. The TDS is likely to come to the DPP Panel meeting in May.
• Retail & Business (Gareth Gammon)
- It was agreed that P2M would send a letter to the SDNP in support of the HQ being located in Petersfield with emphasis on the good transport links to the Park.
• Local Transport (Tony Shaw)
- The following points were discussed: low floor wheelchair accessible buses on routes 37 and 67; Information ‘flags’ at bus stops (the photographic database has been received by PTC, EHDC and HCC); Station Forecourt Lighting; Waterlooville – Petersfield rail link; Hospital journeys; Town Access Plan; Taxis; Rail Users Group; Bus Forums; Alton Town Partnership have joined ‘Bus Users UK’; Bus surgery in Spring; LSP to discuss transport; HCC HATS are coming back; EH Transport Forum.
Lavant Street (Progress Report)
- Efforts continue to obtain LABGI funding for the initial Lavant Street ‘scoping study’ and also Developers Contributions in anticipation of initial projects based on its findings.
- Potential environmental projects were discussed with a view to inclusion in a ‘relaunch event’ at the AGM.
- There is a Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) event at EHDC on Monday 8th February. Petersfield environmental groups will attend. Habitats need to cross over and there is a need to see the ‘bigger picture’. Climate SE have a BAP
- A South Downs Landscape Character Assessment is required to build on the work done for the TDS.
- The South Downs Management Plan will involve community groups (Icons & Eyesores)
- The Rotherlands Nature Reserves (linear and narrow) needs protection from any nearby development by the planting of a ‘buffer zone’ (woodland). Fertilizers used on the sports fields represent a risk to the Reserve. Volume of rubbish in the watercourses is a significant problem. Environmental Agency should be consulted.
- The Greening Campaign (GC) are involved in ‘adaptation’ and the future with regard to climate change and are working with Nick Heaseman, SDNP, EA, Forestry Commission, and others. GC would wish to pilot the first community written Adaptation Plan in Petersfield as a P2M Project Group. The EA are looking at the funding options. Looking 20-30 years ahead including transport and retrofitting of housing stock.
- There is a Biomass Conference at on 20thy February at QECP, which is seen as a starting point.
- It was agreed to launch this project at the P2M AGM (on 15 March). Terena, John and Tracey (and others) will meet to progress the presentation for the AGM.
- John tabled several papers including ‘Project to raise awareness of vulnerability to Climate Change and the need for Adaptation by SMEs in Portsmouth and South Hampshire’ dated 20 Jan 2010.
- Planned for Monday 15th March at 7pm (subject to room availability) (last AGM 27 Oct 2008)
- Formal business followed by Launch Event Presentation
- Consideration of Officers & Members of the Management Committee at the next Management Committee.
- A Hidden Britain Group meeting will be called for Monday 25th January.
- There will be a Petersfield Festivities ‘Wash Up’ meeting, essentially for local businesses on 15th February at 6pm.
Date of next meeting
Next meeting Monday 8th March at 6.15pm.