Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/pe/te/rs/petersfieldtomorrow.co.uk/public_html/minutes161111.php on line 39
Tuesday 19 January
Petersfield Town Partnership
Minutes – Management Committee 16 November 2011
Present: Bob Ayer, Hilary Ayer, Margaret Plumridge, Nick Keith, Tracy Chandler, Vincent Edberg, Peter Marshall, Amanda Greenlee (minutes), Lucy Soal (EHDC).
Apologies: Graham Steaggles, Tallulah Lewis.
Treasurer’s report. Balance stands at £3334.43
Transport and Public Realm
Peter Marshall gave a verbal report. This contained points made at a Petersfield Society meeting held on 26 Oct.
• Public Transport: There will be a reduction in bus services. A solution would be demand based service by minibus, which would have to pay its way.
• Pedestrian and Cycle Movement: The streets of Petersfield could be redesigned to enhance cycle ways from the station and give some pedestrianisation in the centre. Identify new 20 mph zones.
• Car Parking: Cheaper long term parking needed for commuters. Prevent illegal parking. Provide dedicated parking for delivery vehicles. One way Systems. Use these to provide more parking. Railway station
• Need for a new TIC. Need for cycle hire and more parking. Need easy access to both sides of the railway line.
• Local Planning: Some money may be available for a well thought out master plan. Peter said that he had met HCC team on 15 Nov. Hilary recommended looking at the Core Strategy of the District Access Plan, particularly appendix 3 of the Petersfield Plan. The document was coming before EHDC Cabinet on 1 December.
Community Garden and Orchard
Amanda reported that David Petche, the Treasurer of the Tilmore and Sheet Allotment Association, had confirmed that the Lubbocks were happy to turn a 7 acre field on the Adhurst Estate into allotments and a Community Garden and Orchard. He has been in touch with potential allotment holders and Greening Petersfield to form a steering committee.
Amanda had attended an event in Chichester run by Chichester Transition Town where she met people setting up community orchards in public parks. The orchards have been supported by the Chichester District Council. Lucy asked for details to be sent to her. She said that this was a project that could come before the EHDC Community Forum. Any advice from Chichester Transition Town could be usefully shared and help other groups wanting to set up Community Orchards.
Tracy reported that she had been assessing the green spaces in Petersfield. Two workshops had been held with Herne School Eco Club. An article on Himalayan Balsam had recently appeared in the Petersfield Post. This was to maintain a profile within the town as any action would not take place until June.
400 window stickers had been produced with support Sam Cardu and Navigate Design. These were promoting the visitpetersfield.com site, which contained offers embedded in the Virtual Tour.
The SEEDA funding for this scheme is expected to be granted very soon.
• Petersfield Plan: This had been published in November. It containes 5 Spatial Options for Petersfield.
• Premises License: The Petersfield Christmas Festivities was using our license. There is a treasure hunt through the town featuring Christmas trees. The map for the hunt has been given permission by Sal Cardu, who holds the copyright.
Date of next meeting: 11 Jan at 6.30 in the Council Chamber.