Warning: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/pe/te/rs/petersfieldtomorrow.co.uk/public_html/minutes160311.php on line 39
Tuesday 19 January
Petersfield Town Partnership
Minutes – Management Committee 16 March 2011
- Bob Ayer – Chairman
- Hilary Ayer
- Vincent Edberg - Town Character
- Amanda Greenlee - Local Produce
- Terena Plowright – Vice Chairman
- Graham Steaggles - Transport, Movement & Local Realm
- Tony Struthers.
- Gary Butler - Treasurer
- Tracy Chandler - Biodiversity)
- Nick Keith – Public Relations Officer
- Linda Munday - EHDC
- Lucy Soal - EHDC
Minutes from last meeting 19 Jan 2010
- The minutes of the meeting 19 January 2010 were accepted having corrected the date of the 1st April SDNP Event.
- The Treasurer’s Spend Analysis and the Transaction Detail dated 16/03/11 to date were received.
- The closing bank balance was £2,462.19. Transactions since last report were website hosting costs £88.80 and AMT Membership + Insurance £407.12.
The cost of printing the additional 10 copies of the TDS is £100 + VAT.
A meeting has been held today with the Chief Executive of the Wildlife Trust at Oxford University. The UK CIP is impressed with the Adaptation Toolkit and the Packs will be distributed shortly.
There will be a Greening Campaign Reception at the House of Commons on 13th June at 1600.
The leaflet was available at the stall at Rams Walk on Saturday 26th February, to raise awareness and to recruit more volunteers.
The grant submission to Petersfield Town Council for £500 was successful.
Given the intended involvement of children from such as Herne Junior School it is necessary for us to put a Child Protection Policy in place. (See AOB)
Meetings have been scheduled to start more detailed planning of the BAP and the information gathering process.
Community Garden/ Local Produce
The 2 costed recipes were displayed on stalls at the March Farmers’ Market.
The event to mark the 1st day of the South Downs National Park on 1st April is making good progress. We have achieved the booking of The Square and the 3-sided road closure together with a Public Liability Insurance surcharge specific to this Event, a risk analysis and a Road Closure Plan. This task was both difficult and time consuming.
The Chairman has made an application to AMT for a National Award for the Projects delivered by the Hidden Group during the last 12-months – we may not win – but this will increase the profile of the Partnership.
The Virtual Tour (VT) incorporated into the Visit Petersfield website www.visitpetersfield.com is making good progress and the number of hotspots is increasing. The Town Clerk has agreed the Town Council’s priorities for its non-commercial hotspots. My granddaughter Jessica has created her first hotspot sidebar, for the Community Centre, and has been set the challenge of doing sidebars for the Town Council’s hotspots.
The Search Engine Optimization activity continues to achieve progress and Navigate now provide monthly metrics.
Transport, Movement & Public Realm
Graham summarised the work done to date and tabled an initial budget outline for the first year. Clarification will be requested from EHDC regarding the £20,000 believed to be in place for the Lavant Street Project.
The route of the Shipwrights Way through the Town was discussed. Keith Hopper has joined the Group and it is hoped to add a cyclist soon. There is no recent news from HCC regarding the start of the Town Access Statement.
Action for Market Towns
- We are now Town Members of AMT and are covered by its Insurance including Public Liability for £10M. We are required to notify AMT of future events. There is a Public Liability surcharge dependent on the expected number of attendees.
- We will consider how to take maximum advantage of this enhanced membership.
1st April Event Funding
- P2M has applied for and obtained the following funding for the 1st April Event: Town Council £500; District Council £500; County Council £700. The total budget for the event is expected to be £8, 400.
- This is my first experience of making applications for funding – it is not easy! – I have learned a lot in a short time. The funding applied for by us is subject to controls and monitoring reports to the awarding bodies.
- It was these funding applications that highlighted the necessity of P2M having a proper budget in place – we have neglected to do this for several years now and it has always been a weakness. An Action Plan and Budget will be a pre-requisite of any future funding from external bodies.
Child Protection Policy
- The P2M Child Protection Policy was discussed and adopted.
Date of next meeting
- Monday 9th May at 1830, venue to be confirmed.