Saturday 16 December

Petersfield Town Partnership

Minutes – Management Committee 11 January 2012


Present:


Bob Ayer, Nick Keith, Vincent Edberg, Peter Marshall, Amanda Greenlee


Apologies:


Hilary Ayer, Tracy Chandler, Margaret Plumridge, Lucy Soal


Treasurer’s report


There is an unpaid invoice (947) for the stickers. It was agreed to pay this asap. (Post Meeting Note: the payment of £373.00 has now been made)

Project Groups


Transport and Public Realm


Peter reported that the group were meeting on 17 Jan to put together options. This will be discussed at a public meeting called by the Petersfield Society to be held at the Herne Farm Leisure Centre on 22 Feb.


Community Garden and Orchard


David Petche, the treasurer of the Tilmore and Sheet Allotment Association, has been in discussion with Guy Lubbock over leasing land from the Adhurst Estate for new allotments and a community garden and orchard. Until the lease has been signed there can be no application for grants. Amanda and Sue Edberg had met to form a steering group to administer setting up the garden and orchard.


Hidden Britain


It was decided to invite James Turner of Hidden Britain SE to join meeting of the Hidden Britain Group. Ben Errey is to be approached to see if he would join thr Management Committee.


Lavant Street Improvents


The project is making good progress. The SEEDA part of the funding has to be distributed by the end of January. We are working closely with the Town Clerk. An information map of Petersfield for Swan St car park has been ordered. 1:1 training is going ahead and the mystery shopper has visited Lavant Street. The footway maintenance has benn specified and scheduled.
A contract for signage at the Central Car exits towards Lavant Street has been placed. The design rationale including phorographs was shared with the meeting.


Biodiversity


Tracy will provide an update of progress. The group is preparing to remove Himalayan Balsam from Petersfield’s watercourses in June involving the public. Nick, as PRO suggested Tracy get in touch with him to help with the promotion. Vincent reported that the South Downs National Park were keen to remove this alien plant.


Discussion


Bob and Hilary wish to revisit the Town Health Check, in particular S5, Sports Leisure and Open Spaces and S6, Culture and Heritage. (Ref: www.setowns.org.uk/healthcheck handbook). This will support Town Council applications Town Council priorites from the Community Infrastructure Levy. Evidence of public support is required.


Next Meetings


The next meetings will be held on Wed 7 March and Wed 2 May (subject to room availability)
<END>